Tuttleman Educational Seminar
The Tuttleman Family Foundation presents The Annual Dr. Guy Fried Educational Seminar
Successful Reintegration after Trauma: Overcoming Barriers
October 11, 2018
Penns Landing Caterers
1301 S. Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19147
November 8, 2018
The Sands Casino Resort
77 Sands Blvd.
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Choose the location and date that is most convenient for you.
Join us along the shores of the Delaware or among the steelstacks in Bethlehem for the annual Dr. Guy Fried Educational Seminar. This program focuses on cutting-edge rehabilitation topics that are relevant to all healthcare professionals regardless of your employment setting.
2018 Dr. Guy Fried Educational Seminar Agenda
|7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.||WELCOME|
|8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.||Comprehensive Medical Follow-Up||Karen Fried, MSN, RN, CRRN
Mary Schmidt Read, PT, DPT, MS, FASIA
|9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.||A Therapeutic Approach to Pain Management||Lisa Bitton, OTR/L, CWCE, CLT, OBT
Julie L. Coté, PT, MPT, OCS, COMT
|10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.||BREAK|
|10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||How to Create a Smart Home Environment for Individuals with Disabilities||Jessica Doran, CTRS
Natalie Pondok, MS, OTR/L
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||LUNCH|
|12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.||Seeing the Big Picture: Optimizing Wound Care Management||Laurajean Kudatzky, PT, DPT, ATP, CWS
Julianne Rece, MSN, RN, CRRN, CWOCN
|1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Addressing Neurocognitive Impairments in the Continuum of Care||Catherine M. Furman, MS, OTR/L
Melissa Katz, MS, CCC-SLP
Todd M. Lewis, PhD
|2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.||BREAK|
|2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.||Triumph after Tragedy: A Survivor's Perspective||Mark Chilutti, CFRE|
|3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Wrap-Up and Evaluation|
• Discuss the challenges in addressing complications in individuals with chronic disability due to trauma after rehabilitation discharge
• Identify appropriate follow-up care recommendations for a patient after discharge from rehab
• Describe the physiology of pain and how acute and persistent pain differ
• Describe the components of a physical and occupational therapy pain management program
• Discuss assistive technology options and their applications
• Describe how smart home devices can be integrated into a home to enhance independence, safety, and quality of life for individuals with disabilities
• Identify funding resources for the acquisition of smart home technology devices
• Identify the needs of wound care patients transitioning from acute rehabilitation to home
• Describe ways to expedite positive wound healing outcomes through interdisciplinary collaboration
• Describe the interdisciplinary approach to neurocognitive assessment and intervention
• Discuss strategies to improve interdisciplinary communication to more effectively address neurocognitive impairments
• Examine the experiences of a trauma patient after injury
This program is designed for nurses, hospital and insurance company-based case managers, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, and other healthcare professionals in both the acute care and rehabilitation settings.
Continuing education contact hours will be awarded for nurses. Continuing education credits will be awarded to social workers, case managers, and physical/occupational therapists.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This program is offered free of charge.
Lodging for Sands Seminar
A limited number of rooms are available if you would like to stay at the Sands Hotel on Wednesday, November 7. The room rate is $136 (plus taxes) and can be arranged through Laura Bittner prior to October 5. After October 5, please contact the Sands Hotel directly to make a room reservation. The Sands Hotel can be reached at 877-726-3777. Please note that hotel check-in begins at 3 p.m. and checkout is 11 a.m. Registered guests must be at least 21 years of age.
For all registrants, please click the link below to the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Department of Nursing CNE registration site. All courses are listed in chronological order. Make your selection and follow the instructions.
For additional information, please contact Laura Bittner at 215-218-3932 or LBittner@MageeRehab.org.