Personalized treatment programs to manage dizziness, vertigo and imbalance.
According to the National Institute of Health, 90 million Americans will complain of dizziness to their Physicians at least once in their lifetime!
The cost of medical care for balance disorders is estimated to exceed $1 billion per year. Balance disorders increase with age. By age 75, balance is one of the most common reasons for seeking medical attention.
Diagnoses commonly treated include:
Vertigo, dizziness, nystagmus, and imbalance associated with:
- BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- Unilateral and bilateral vestibular hypofunction due to vestibular neuritis, medication toxicity, or acoustic neuroma
- Neurologic disorders including stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, post concussive syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis and Meniere’s Disease
- Mal de Debarquement Syndrome
- Other Balance Dysfunction
Therapies offered include:
- Comprehensive vestibular rehabilitation provided by a certified vestibular physical therapist
- Each patient receives a personalized treatment program developed to manage dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance
- Newest technologies are utilized to maximize outcomes including balance testing and training using computerized dynamic posturography, computerized assessment of the vestibulo-ocular reflex, and video goggles for identifying nystagmus
Benefits of a Vestibular Rehabilitation Program
- Improved walking and balance
- Improved coordination
- Decreased feelings of dizziness
- Improved postural stability
- Decreased difficulty navigating stairs
- Walk in crowded areas with increased ease
- Decreased motion sensitivity
- Decreased risk of falling
For more information about Magee’s Vestibular program, please contact The Riverfront at 215-218-3900.