For the client seeking an intensive, personalized approach to neurological recovery, Gaining Ground is the answer.
Gaining Ground is an activity-based therapy program with a “boot camp” feeling for clients with neurological injuries. During this four-to-six-week program, participants meet three times a week, five hours a day, for one-on-one training and education.
Strength Means Freedom
Gaining Ground combines exercise, learning, and an opportunity to meet others and socialize. With a focus on increasing function, your goals, needs, and abilities guide the trainers and therapists as they create an exercise program tailored for you.
- Increased central nervous system activity, muscle mass, bowel and bladder sensation, and function below level of injury
- Improved posture, trunk control, health, and well-being
- Decreased pain and medication use
- Emotional and social connections with peers in a supportive group environment
Get Ready to Sweat
The Gaining Ground program is individualized to meet each client’s personal needs and goals. Program components include:
- Initial evaluation by a physical therapist
- Fitness assessment by an activity-based therapy aide or personal trainer
- Customized exercise prescription program
- One-on-one personal training
- Lower-extremity weight bearing sessions with the Lokomat or Ekso exoskeleton
- Sessions with the RT300 FES cycle or RT200 FES elliptical trainer
- Self-paced group exercise classes
- Weekly education sessions on topics such as nutrition, sexuality, travel, sports, and art therapy
- State-of-the-art equipment including the Rifton Tram, the Power Plate, Biodex, Equalizer Rickshaw Exercise machine, Equalizer 1000 Series Exercise Machine, PowerTower Total Gym, rowing ergometer, NuStep T5xr, upper body ergometer, MultiTrainer Resistance Band System, and EasyStand Evolv Glider
Keep Improving at Home
For continued progress after Gaining Ground, each client will receive the training materials necessary to reproduce their personalized exercise regimens on their own.
Read Our Success Stories
Gaining Ground sessions are held throughout the year. The next program begins on October 16, 2017. For more information and rate information, contact Tara Adams at email@example.com or call 215-218-3925.
Scholarships are available.