The mission of the Magee Patient and Family Advisory Council is to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities by helping foster and continually improve the culture of patient- and family-centered care at Magee.
The council focuses primarily on customer service, with the intent to improve things such as the admission and discharge processes and the general level of collaboration between patients, families and staff.
Goals of the Council
- Promote patient- and family- centered care and improve satisfaction with services
- Help to enhance patient safety by channeling information, needs, and concerns to staff and administration
- Serve as an advisory resource to administration and staff
- Promote improved relationships and communication between patients, family, and staff
- Provide a venue for patients and families to collaborate as partners with staff, physicians, and administration in the planning and operation of specific programs and in the development of new facilities and programs
- Provide input into the educational program for staff
- Provide opportunities for staff to listen to their customers
- Further enhance the relationship between our facilities and the communities we serve
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is composed of a diverse group of 6-10 patients and family members who represent a variety of clinical experiences. It includes approximately 6-10 staff members, representing administrative and clinical areas.
The group is led by a chairperson and an assistant chairperson who are elected by the entire group from among the patient and family participants. Magee provides a group facilitator who remains content neutral and assists the group by encouraging collaborative decision making and providing other logistical support such as scheduling meetings, recording decisions, and tracking open agenda items.
The length of council term is limited to two years in order to keep feedback reflective of recent patient experience.
Meetings are scheduled six times per year in the following months: January, March, May, July, September, and November, on dates and times that are convenient for the majority of the members. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Patient and Family Advisory Council, please contact Marci Ruediger, Director of Performance Excellence at: 215-587-3454 or email@example.com.