Magee's Volunteer Services Department (VSD) mission is to promote meaningful volunteerism through important work and common goals, which help increase patient satisfaction and support the strategic goals of Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. The VSD accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers in many levels of the hospital within all appropriate programs and activities, and coordinates the effective use of volunteers to provide services which benefit patients, visitors and staff. The VSD is responsible for identifying productive and creative individual and group volunteer roles; for recruiting, training and retaining suitable volunteers; and for tracking and evaluating the contributions volunteers make to the hospital. We ask for a minimum commitment of four months of service and a minimum of 100 volunteer hours.
Do something priceless.
New volunteers are always welcome at Magee. We need your time, your talents and your desire to make a difference in many places:
- Hospitality Services
- Clerical / Secretarial
- Clinical support
- Resource Center / Library
- Guest Relations
Visit our Current Opportunities page to learn about some of our volunteer positions at the hospital. If you are 14 years of age or older, we'd like to hear from you. We require a 100-hour volunteer time commitment per year from each volunteer, including students who are shadowing.
To apply for volunteer placement, you will need to:
- Download and complete the printed application.
- Provide us with proof of a negative tuberculin test result dated within the past six months. Ask your doctor for a note and include a cover letter with your name and application date. Send this to Magees Community Programs Coordinator. Also, provide us with proof that you have a current flu vaccination during flu season (starting in September, 2014 - April 2015). You are required to get the flu shot on your own by October 31, 2014. If you have not received the vaccine, you will no longer be permitted to volunteer at Magee. You may be reinstated to your volunteer placement when proof of vaccination is provided to the Volunteer Office.
- If you are applying for a volunteer position in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, Nursing, or Speech Therapy, write a letter, including your name, address and telephone number, a brief statement of your reasons for wishing to volunteer at Magee, related volunteer or paid experience, and the days and hours you are available to volunteer. Also, please include a copy of your valid school ID. Please note there may be a waiting list for these positions.
- *If you are a student, under 18 years of age, you must complete the permission form and have it signed by your parent or guardian.
- Include your resume, if you have one.
- Send all of these materials:
- By FAX to Volunteer Services at 215-587-3447
- Scan all pages and email to email@example.com
- Or mail or deliver to: Volunteer Services, Magee Rehabilitation, 1513 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102-1177
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital performs background checks on all volunteers once a position is determined for the volunteer. All interested volunteers must attend an orientation session at the hospital prior to placement. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-587-3140.