Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Per Diem Therapy Aide to provide patient care and treatment under the direction of the professional staff. The therapy aide is responsible for working as a team player in the gym, in the dining room, and in other areas of the hospital assisting the patient, family, and professional staff in achieving patients' goals. The therapy aide will uphold the mission, vision, and values of Magee Rehabilitation.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient care and the patient care team.
- Understands the philosophy of the Department of Therapy Services and understands the philosophy of the hospital along with Hospital policies and the Mission
- Identifies resources available to meet the needs of the patients and practices patient confidentiality and respect for patient rights utilizing HIPAA
- Assists in unit based Performance Improvement
- Must be able to exert 50 pounds of force while lifting patients
- Practices safety at all times while performing job responsibilities and reports unsafe conditions
- Responds to fire, emergencies and disease situations according to protocol
- Copies and delivers patient reports or information to areas within the hospital.
- Answers telephones using good customer service technique.
- Rearranges equipment or furniture in gym areas.
- Practices team work.
- Assists in orienting new therapy aides and rotating to the gym and dining room area.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Transports patients to and from different areas according to patient schedules.
- Delivers supplies and belongings to patient
- May accompany patient on trips and appointments under the direct supervision
- Assists in providing patient care and treatment under the direction of a licensed/certified/registered health care professional from nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language pathology, recreational therapy, horticulture therapy or other professional team member.
- Orients the patient and their visitors to the hospital and treatment
- Reports observations of changes in the patient's condition or behavior to professional staff.
- Assists with personal care of patients including toileting
- Assists with patient transfers, and patient mobility
Care of the Environment
- Cleans and maintains treatment areas, as needed
- Replenishes gym supplies and maintains appliances and equipment
- Reports all leaks, faulty equipment or damage to Plant Operations.
- Returns all equipment to designated storage areas
- Performs Environment of Care Rounds in therapy areas.
- Monitors temperature of identified equipment
- Delivers meals to patients
- Assists patients with meal set-up
- Retrieves diet information from on-line system or other means as needed.
- Supervises patients and works with the appropriate team members during mealtime to ensure patient safety.
- Performs mechanical tasks related to patient care equipment including ambulation equipment, wheelchairs, patient lifting equipment, and electronic scales
- Monitors the safe condition of supplies and reports any unsafe equipment or condition to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists in orientation of therapy aides to rotating or new therapy aides to the gym and dining room areas.
Customer Service and Team Work
- Responds quickly and pleasantly to patient and visitor requests
- Communicates to the supervisor if unable to complete specified task treatment techniques, adaptive devices and completing all assigned duties.
- Able to read, write, and perform the mathematical functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- CPR certification
- Completion of high school education or equivalent
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant and /or Therapy Aide preferred, or as a student in health care educational program.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471