LT Therapy Aide
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Locomotor Training Clinic Therapy Aide to assists in patient care and treatment under the direction of professional staff. The Locomotor Training Clinic Therapy Aide is responsible and accountable for all of the functions of Therapy Aides. The Locomotor Training Clinic Therapy Aide is considered a team player and assists the patient, family and professional staff in achieving the patient’s goals.
The Locomotor Training Clinic Therapy Aide is accountable for the following areas:
- Responsible and accountable for all of the functions listed in the Therapy Aide position description and demonstrates performance in all of the duties noted in this position descriptions
- Demonstrates commitment to patient care and the patient care team
- Understands the philosophy of the Department of Therapy and understands the philosophy of the hospital along with Hospital Policies and the Mission Statement
- Has the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to supervisors, staff and patients
- Is able to identify resources available to meet the needs of the patients
- Practices patient confidentiality and respect for patient rights utilizing HIPAA standards
- Assists in unit based Performance Improvement activities
- Must be able to exert 50 pounds of force while lifting patients and/or devices
- Must have sufficient standing balance to guard ambulatory patients
- Provides services on assigned weekends and holidays
- Practices Standard Precautions and adheres to specific isolation precautions
- Practices safety at all times while performing job responsibilities and reports unsafe conditions when identified.
High School education or equivalent, CPR Certification, six months to 1 year as a Therapy Aide preferred
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471