Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to prepare, document, support and maintain general ledgers and monthly financial statements.
- Prepares and maintains general ledger / financial statements
- Prepares monthly financial statements for the Riverfront, Watermark and Yardley
- Prepares Form 990 tax return.
- Prepares workpapers and directs year-end financial audit
- Analyzes intercompany transactions between the Hospital and Foundation
- Monitors budget and prior year statistical and financial data for monthly financial statements
- Prepares monthly financial statements and supporting schedules in compliance with MRH reporting requirements
- Reconciles capital purchases and prepares reports for the plant ledger
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Analyzes monthly Accounts Receivable to ensure the appropriate amount of allowances and bad debt are recorded
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations (Cash, Accounts Receivables, Inventory)
- Review and analyzes general ledger accounts for material fluctuations
- Prepares and maintains journal entries and analyzes the trial balance
- Sets up bank wires as requested
- Assists in preparing the revenue budget
- Works with Finance Director in establishing and developing new accounting processes, policies and procedures
- Other projects as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Must be organized and very detailed oriented with financial reports.
- Must have experience with Excel Spreadsheets, MS Word and Microsoft Out look.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471