Spiritual Care Provider
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a per diem Spiritual Care Provider to provide spiritual care predominantly to teen (14 and older), adult and geriatric patients, and when requested, by their family members or care partners.
1. Spiritual Care Services
- Provide individual Spiritual Care for patients coordinated by Case Management, as needed and based on patient’s therapy schedule.
- Provide weekly Interfaith Services to patient population
- Major Holidays - Provide services for the major religious holidays for the Christian faith (Good Friday/Easter Sunday, Christmas, and others as identified/needed). Assist on providing additional services as needed
- Write notes for case management about services and individual meetings with patients in patient record, track number of visits and outcomes of religious services provided to supervisor
- Candidate must possess: a broad, interfaith theological knowledge base; familiarity with and understanding of the diversity of religious experience across cultures; the ability to stimulate and respond to existential questioning; knowledge of both the practice and management of spiritual care in a health care setting; time management skills and discipline required to efficiently and effectively provide spiritual care services; the ability to read and write the English language in order to complete required professional documentation and correspondence; certification preferred, or progression toward certification by a recognized Chaplaincy certification agency.
2. Supports the mission of both the Hospital and the Guest Relations and Volunteer Services (GRVS) Departments and demonstrates Magee mission and core values.
- Observes all applicable federal, state, The Joint Commission, CARF and local laws and regulations
- Participates in compliance-related education and professional association resources
- Acts as a role model for other staff projecting an image of professionalism, in appearance and conduct
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in dealing with problems or change
3. Demonstrates REACH values including compassion and sensitivity in the treatment of patients, staff and visitors.
- Promotes good working relationships among staff and between departments and disciplines
- Always uses polite, professional language and effectively processes all complaints in a professional manner
4. Maintains confidentiality as an expression of respect for the privacy and dignity of each person.
- Always exercises judgment and discretion in releasing information. Maintains patient and staff confidentiality
5. Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with the Hospital Safety and Infection Control Policies and the Patient Safety Program.
- Helps to provide a safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors
- Adheres to the hospital PPD and flu vaccination policy
- Completes mandatory in-service education programs as required
- Works on the patient floors, must comply with all infection control procedures
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understanding manner, bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin) a plus
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with staff, patients, family members, visitors, vendors, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, use of patient database and scheduling software
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating situations in a professional manner
- Ability to perform work of a detailed nature and avoid excessive errors
Master’s degree in theology, divinity, pastoral ministry or spirituality from an accredited institution preferred
Three to four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) training preferred
1-2 years of experience in the field is preferred
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471