Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Speech Therapist to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to inpatients and outpatients with aphasia, dysarthria, apraxia, cognitive-communication deficits, dysphonia and dysphagia. The SLP will provide patient and caregiver education as scheduled and the staff member will participate in the interdisciplinary treatment process.
- Maintains clinical caseload as assigned
- Selects and administers appropriate evaluation tools to determine patient's level of functioning
- Accurately interprets information and determines diagnosis and discusses with the patient and family
- Establishes individualized treatment plans including development of appropriate functional long and short-term goals with input from the patient and family
- Contributes to the interdisciplinary treatment plan and process in Patient Care Conference as well as in consultation and co-treatment with other disciplines
- Provides the recommended frequency and duration of therapy and makes every effort to reschedule patients who may miss a regularly scheduled session
- Re-evaluates the patient at designated intervals and when changes in patient status noted, altering treatment goals/program as needed
- Continually assesses the effectiveness of treatment strategies and makes appropriate adjustments
- Provides patient, family and/or caregiver education and training to facilitate carryover of strategies and functional skills to the environment discharged
- Makes appropriate referrals and recommendations for follow-up upon discharge
- Completes and maintains all documentation and computer charting/billing in compliance with hospital and departmental policy and procedures
- Provides services in compliance with established professional standards
- Provides services in compliance with established patient safety standards
- Maintains professional ethics and confidentiality in matters related to patients, departmental and hospital matters
- When absence anticipated, makes effort to arrange for coverage among other PRN staff and informs SLP coordinator
- Demonstrates an awareness and adherence to reimbursement for patient care
- May participate in team family conferences and behavior rounds when scheduled
- May provide designated group treatment sessions for appropriate patients and completes referral, scheduling, planning and documentation for the group.
- Reports any equipment needs or repairs to immediate supervisor
- Demonstrates and promotes positive customer service and satisfaction
- Demonstrates active problem solving skills
- Demonstrates positive approach to change
- Assumes responsibility for upgrading knowledge in area of clinical practice and familiarizing self with new evaluation and treatment approaches and materials and applies this knowledge to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisors
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited university
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Licensure by the State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Hearing for the State of Pennsylvania and /or a state which has a reciprocal agreement with the State of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical setting utilizing multi disciplinary team approach with adult neurological disorders.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471