Inpatient Seating Clinic Technician
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking an Inpatient Seating Clinic Technician to work closely with the OT and PT Inpatient Seating Clinic Advanced Clinicians. This person also closely collaborates with staff OTs and PTs, vendors, manufacturing reps, patients, and families. This role is integral in providing clinical services to people who are inpatients at the main hospital and has responsibilities that are 80% clinical/20% administrative.
- Responsible for finding, organizing, modifying and setting up equipment trials for patients seen while inpatient at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital (all programs)
- Responsible for completing safety checklist for patients trialing new wheelchair set ups
- Assist PT and OT staff (including Inpatient Seating Clinician PT and OT) with seating, positioning, and equipment problem solving with inpatients
- Responsible for follow up phone calls to vendors and patients regarding equipment order status
- Assist with training, supervision, and problem solving with patients using assistive technology
- Oversee upkeep and tracking of EADL equipment in Assistive Technology room
- Collaborate with vendors and manufacturing representatives to obtain new product demos and fix broken equipment
- Competent to complete basic wheelchair programming of power wheelchairs
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and lift in order to effectively assist patients
- Must be able to exert 50 pounds of force while lifting patients and/or devices or have reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to have sufficient standing balance to guard ambulatory patients
- Performs 100% direct clinical care under the supervision of the Inpatient Seating Clinic Advanced Clinicians and Therapy Managers and Supervisors
- Provides specific orientation for new staff and students, when applicable. Demonstrates familiarity and is able to direct others in hospital emergency plans, program, and discipline specific policies and procedures
- Takes the initiative to develop and implement projects and programs with Inpatient Seating Clinic Advanced Clinicians
- Assist in AT room supervision and development
- Attends all meetings relevant to the programmatic specialty. Assists with development of policy and procedures and protocols
- May participate in clinical research, publication, and/or presentations
- Demonstrates advanced clinical skills, knowledge, and competency in specialty area.
- Possesses work skills, including effective communication, organization, initiative, interpersonal relations, and flexibility.
- Associates degree preferred
- Must be CPR certified. Have or are working toward ATP certification within one year of accepting position.
- Prefer at least three years clinical experience in physical medicine rehabilitation. Vendor experience beneficial.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471