Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee is seeking a Temporary Clinical Psychologist to join our team! As part of the multidisciplinary treatment team, the Clinical Psychologist will provide direct clinical services and perform inpatient assessments as well as treat patients and families in individual and group sessions.
- Assessing a patient’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including utilizes evidence-based pre-screening and assessment tools, interviews and direct observation
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop and monitor appropriate treatment plans
- Counseling individuals and families on issues including anxiety, depression, addiction, social, and interpersonal disorders
- Evaluating patients in a courteous and culturally appropriate manner
- Communicating effectively and interacting with all levels of staff, primary care providers, patients and community agencies
- Developing and evaluating service provisions for clients
- Providing consultation to other professionals, encouraging a psychological approach in their work; counseling and supporting careers
- PHD. in Psychology or a Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) from an APA accredited university required
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Experience in physical and cognitive rehab a plus
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with others
- Ability to apply a reasonable degree of physical exertion to control client behavior in emergency situations
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471