Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Physical Therapist to provide services to referred patients when staffing patterns demand additional/temporary staff based on census, acuity of patient and/or vacancy/ absence of permanent staff. The PRN staff are an integral healthcare provider accountable to assist the patient to their highest level of physical and cognitive function and independence.
- Functions as an on-call PRN employee who will assume all direct patient care and documentation duties of the staff Physical Therapist where assigned. This includes patient initial and/or discharge evaluation/re-evaluation, treatment planning and implementation, development of home programs, documentation of letters of justification, conference reporting, participating in patient/family /team conferences and discharge planning, patient /caregiver education, orthotic, prosthetic and equipment assessment training and ordering and leading patient groups.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and lift in order to effectively treat patients.
- Must be able to exert 50 pounds of force while lifting patients and/or devices.
- Must be able to have sufficient standing balance to guard ambulatory patients.
- Completes all required documentation and charting
- Relates operational or patient care problems to therapy supervisor
- May participate in educational or programmatic meetings as appropriate
- May participate in clinical studies, reporting publishing and research projects as appropriate. May represent hospital and department at various professional conferences.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned by therapy supervisor
- Demonstrates initiative, originality, resourcefulness, and good judgment for devising treatment techniques, adaptive devices and completing all assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy program.
- Valid Pennsylvania license in Physical Therapy. Must have CPR certification.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s clinical experience in Physical Therapy, adult rehabilitation preferred but not required.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471