Patient Care Coordinator - Watermark
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
To provide clerical and clinical support Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic.
- Greet patients as they enter the facility and assist patients to treatment area as
- Answer all incoming and interoffice calls, using proper etiquette.
- Perform registration duties for all new patients; obtain financial information. Advise
patient/family of applicable co-payments, deductibles and co-insurances and collect
the above on a daily/weekly basis.
- Receive and Post all payments, prepare daily bank deposit and transport deposit to
bank on a daily basis.
- Handle all in-coming and out-going mail.
- Perform clerical duties of answering phone, registering and scheduling patients,
filing, photocopy, fax, etc. as requested.
- Perform typing duties as requested.
- Inventory office supplies and order same as needed.
- Maintain all office equipment in working order.
- Prepare patient charts, file all therapist/physician documentation daily; pull patient
charts according to schedule.
- Maintain client exercise charts. Prepare and photocopy exercise hand-outs.
- Assist professional and support staff with patient issues as needed.
- Assist the professional staff in preparation of treatment area and equipment, prior to,
during and at the conclusion of treatment.
- Assist the professional staff in performance of activities and exercises related to the patient as directed by therapist.
- Able to monitor pulse, ability to take blood pressures using manual and automatic cuff.
- Follow policy and procedure regarding care of equipment and supplies.
- Clean and maintain treatment area and equipment daily. Clean hydocollator unit
monthly or sooner as needed.
- Monitor and record temperature of hydrocollator unit, paraffin unit and other
- Maintain inventory of therapy and kitchen supplies and place orders for supplies as
- Perform all laundry duties and restock linens in treatment areas.
- Able to safely lift, guard and transfer patients as demonstrated through passing competency testing in this area.
- Assist clients who are in the Wellness Program as directed by Therapy Clinic Supervisor
- High School Diploma required
College curriculum preferred
- Prior medical and clerical experience preferred.
- Evidence of clerical duties that include but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, general computer knowledge.
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Experience with front desk and billing processes.
- Direct patient care experience preferred.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471