Outpatient Case Manager
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Social Work Case Manager to provide case management services to Day Hospital and Outpatient Network patients.
- Provide comprehensive case management services primarily to Riverfront outpatients and Day Hospital patients, and to other Magee Outpatient Network patients as needed.
- Provide information and referrals to Magee Outpatient Network patients.
- Coordinate equipment orders for Magee Outpatient Network patients.
- Complete comprehensive case management assessment, and initiate appropriate referrals to resources in the community and resources that MRH offer.
- Attend case management staff meetings and in-service to maintain collaboration between inpatient and outpatient programs and to facilitate continuum of care.
- Assess prospective Day Hospital patients, and facilitate their admission into the program, which includes trouble-shooting barriers for admission and problem-solve them.
- Verify insurance for prospective Day Hospital patients.
- Obtain prior-authorization from insurance companies to enroll patients in Day Hospital program when referrals are from providers other than inpatient settings.
- Manage external utilization review process for Day Hospital patients to insure that their recommended treatment days are authorized.
- Manage discharge planning process for all Day Hospital patients.
- Coordinate caregiver teachings for Day Hospital patients.
- Provide psycho-social support to patients and families.
- Be the primary contact for Worker’s Compensation case managers, and respond to their needs, which include supplying them with treatment notes, facilitate conference with therapists, and coordinate continuum of care in the MRH system.
- Be the primary contact for Head Injury Program of Pennsylvania (HIP), coordinate treatment appointments, provide case management services, and submit periodical reports and bills.
- Share the primary contact responsibility with Continuum of Care Supervisor at the main hospital for the Healthnet providers.
- Receive referrals from Healthnet providers, assess veterans’ needs in the continuum of care system within MRH, make referrals, and if necessary, coordinate their care.
- Assist and, as necessary, lead the planning and activities of SCI Young Adult Group program.
- Teach patients and families how to set up their own transportation in the community.
- Teach patients and families how to follow up on their own pending equipment orders, monthly disposable supply shipment, and various community resources that they have applied.
- Make referrals to programs such as Medical Assistance Waiver, subsidized transportation programs, DPW and SSA financial resources, support groups, mental health professionals, short-term and long-term disability benefits, etc.
- Assist in preparation for CARF and JCAHO audits.
- Engage in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement projects.
- Facilitate Day Hospital Patient Care Conference, scribe notes and send them to referring physicians.
- Work collaboratively with Day Hospital coordinator in daily operations of the program.
- Arrange interpreter services for non-English speaking patients in Magee Outpatient Network.
- Provide tour of Riverfront to visitors and prospective Riverfront patients and families.
- Patients and families in Magee Outpatient Network.
- Day Hospital treatment team.
- Outpatient therapists and supporting staff.
- External case managers and adjustors.
- Referral source providers including physicians, homecare therapists, hospital social workers and nurses inside and outside of MRH.
- Master’s Degree or Advanced educational preparation in allied health profession preferred.
- License or certification commensurate with professional degree.
- Minimum of three years of experience in healthcare setting, preferably experience in physical disability.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471