Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Occupational Therapist to provide evaluation, treatment, and discharge of all patients referred for Occupational Therapy services. The Occupational Therapist is an integral healthcare provider accountable to assist the patient to their highest level of physical and cognitive function. The staff Occupational Therapist will uphold the mission, vision, and values of Magee Rehabilitation.
- Manages a full patient caseload as defined by the unit on which the therapist works. This includes patient evaluation and re-evaluation, treatment planning and implementation, development of home programs, documentation including letters of justification, reporting in conference, participating in patient/family/team conferences and discharge planning, patient/caregiver education, assistive device and equipment assessment and ordering, and leading patient groups.
- Provides services on assigned weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and lift in order to effectively treat patients referred to Occupational Therapy services.
- Must be able to exert 50 pounds of force while lifting patients and/or devices.
- Must be able to have sufficient standing balance to guard ambulatory patients.
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities.
- Participates in departmental and interdepartmental in-service education programs. Participates in student in-service program.
- Attends department, team, and programmatic meetings.
- May participate in clinical studies, reporting publishing and research projects as appropriate. May represent hospital and department at various professional conferences.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Therapy Aides, and students with regard to patient care. Delegates tasks to supportive personnel. May supervise volunteers.
- Demonstrates initiative, originality, resourcefulness, and good judgment for devising treatment techniques, adaptive devices and completing all assigned duties.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program.
- Valid Pennsylvania license in Occupational Therapy. Valid certification form the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) is required. CPR certification required.
- Completion of student related affiliations as per academic setting, 0-2 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist, adult rehabilitation preferred but not required.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471