Maintenance Mechanic II
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee Rehabilitation is seeking a full time Maintenance Mechanic II to maintain a high rise center city hospital facility and equipment. The Mechanic II is responsible for the troubleshooting and intermediate repair of the hospital, patient rooms and public area HVAC equipment along with the overall upkeep of hospital and public areas through responsive, accurate and efficient maintenance. The Maintenance Mechanic II serves as a member of the Maintenance & Engineering team that is responsible for the physical condition of the Campus.
Essential Accountabilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine and emergency repairs in the hospital, patient rooms, public areas and outpatient clinics including correcting electrical malfunctions, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, pipes and fittings, repairing and replacing light bulbs and fixtures, repairing doors and locks, etc.
- Performs necessary maintenance to HVAC equipment as assigned.
- Reviews CMMS system to insure HVAC systems are running correctly.
- Understands and can troubleshoot basic electrical systems.
- Installs new and repairs electrical wiring, cable TV and network communication systems.
- Reads blueprints and isometrics, prepare sketches as required to document work.
- Completes building rounds to insure all systems are operating as intended and the campus is safe for patients, guests and employees.
- Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Responds to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Will be expected to work rotating weekend schedules
- Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Director of Facilities in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Campus
- Must possess a working knowledge of commercial building maintenance to include, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC.
- Must have 3 years experience in healthcare facility maintenance.
- High school graduate of equivalent, trade school preferred
- Certification in HVAC preferred
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471