Human Resources Generalist
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated functional areas within the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration support to employees, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and assists with revisions as necessary.
- Serves as a point of contact for benefits related issues to include; claims resolution, change reporting, and communication of benefit information to employees.
- Maintains alignment with all diversity programs and files EEO 1 report annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for assigned functional areas within the organization and conducts new-employee orientations.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in human resources staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as required.
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of respective department(s) in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required as assigned.
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department and within the functional area for which it provides Human Resource Generalist support.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required as well as mobility across the organization to serve as Human Resource Generalist for assigned departments. This may require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree and three to five years progressive human resource experience, or a master’s degree in human resource management and two years progressive experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ human resource experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
PHR or SHRM-CP certification
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.