Human Resources Coordinator
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
The Magee Rehabilitation Human Resources Coordinator works under the HR Director as the first line of Customer Service for the Human Resources Department for all employee related questions and concerns. This individual is responsible for all new hire onboarding including organizing and scheduling orientations and new hire requirements. The HR Coordinator also supports the HR team coordinating functions such as training and development. They oversee issues related to employment with a focus on improvement of HR policies, processes, and practices, recommending changes to HR management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all new hire onboarding including, but not limited to: background checks, fingerprinting, child abuse clearance checks, scheduling of pre-employment physicals, new hire paperwork administration, ID badge creation, time clock instruction, system competency set-up and creation in HRIS/Payroll system.
- Payroll/HRIS System Administration (Kronos) – Responsible for all changes made in system through payroll change notice forms. Including: new hires, terminations, salary and supervisor changes.
- Maintains employee badge system. Creates, updates, and terminates all badges for employees, contractors and vendors. Works directly with Information Systems for badge access.
- Provides day-to-day HR administrative support to the Director of HR
- Assists with various HR plans and procedures for all employees and assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Manages the New Employee Orientation program. Responsible for coordination, setup, and presentation of general policies and procedures.
- Responds to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provides appropriate assistance or referral to HR team members
- Maintains records of employee-related data in both paper and electronic systems. Ensures all employment requirements are met before and during employment.
- Works regularly with other departments and functions within the hospital including, but not limited to: Finance, Payroll, and Employee Health.
- Performs administrative functions to support the department as well as individual employee requirements and requests.
- Acts as first line of Customer Service for HR office. Responsible for occupying front desk – greeting all internal and external guests with a polite and positive tone.
- Processes HR related invoices for payment through Accounts Payable
- OIG/EPLS compliance and research
- Assists with benefits administration and open enrollment as needed
- Coordinates HR projects, meetings and other events as requested by the HR Director
Primary Customers & Key Working Relationships:
- Human Resources Team
- All Magee Rehabilitation employees: pre-employment, active and terminated
- External vendors and contractors
- All levels of leadership: supervisors through CEO
- Information Technology
- Guest Services
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Operates in a professional office environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Experience & Education
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a Human Resources related field
- Associates’ Degree required, Bachelors’ Degree Preferred. Degree in HR or related discipline.
- Experience with HRIS systems, Kronos preferred.
- Knowledge of various employment laws and practices, HR policies, best practices and procedures.
- Ability to remain calm and positive during stressful situations. Flexibility in all situations required.
- Extensive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proven problem solving & analytical skills
- Proficiency and accuracy with office technologies, specifically all Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Kronos and CPSI HRIS Systems
- General hospital exposure. Must follow standard precautions.