Health Information Clerk
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee is seeking a Health Information Clerk to provide an overall quality and completeness of medical records and ensures the accuracy of clinical information used for measuring and reporting outcomes.
- Daily retrieval of discharged records from floor
- Assist with concurrent analysis of medical records, looking for deficiencies.
- Assists hospital staff in correcting deficiencies.
- Monitor deficiencies to ensure deficiencies are corrected to comply with HIPAA and TJC requirements.
- Works with physicians, residents, nurses, case managers, therapists and all hospital staff if deficiencies have not been corrected in a timely manner.
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve data and type correspondence and reports.
- Prep inpatient record through assembly by following the Magee Inpatient Chart Order for scanning.
- Scan the Final Review charts
- Answers telephone calls in a professional manner.
- Complete any other projects as assigned from the Director of HIMS.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Preferred Coursework in anatomy, data analysis, database security, medical terminology and health data standards.
- RHIA or RHIT or Health Information Student preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA and TJC regulations for medical records.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Database management, Chartlinks and CPSI system
- Must be able to utilize all office equipment including fax, copy machine, computer network and telephone.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Interpersonal/human relation skills to interact with any and all hospital staff.
- Lifting charts up to 10lbs.
- Intermittent movements during the work day.
- Requires pulling, pushing, reaching and bending.
- Visual acuity and attention for substantial periods of time.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471