Guest Relations Transit Representative
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Guest Relations Transit Representative to provide superior customer service to the patients, families and staff, who will go above and beyond expectations to create an exceptional patient experience by demonstrating REACH (respect, excellence, positive attitude, collaboration and hospitality). This essential role in the Guest Relations department works diligently to make a positive first impression to all customers of Magee Rehabilitation by interacting in a warm, friendly and caring manner. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, courteous assistance while receiving patients and visitors at the front desk, demonstrating professional phone etiquette with every caller, and safe and courteous patient transport and rounding within the hospital setting, and will provide a variety of transport services to patients and family members via patient and courtesy shuttle and assist with family gatherings. The Guest Relations Representative must keep a professional and uniformed appearance at all times while on duty.
- Strong customer service skills/interpersonal interactions; project a positive, friendly demeanor in person as well as over the telephone; and to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to: safeguard patient information and ensure privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations; to communicate tactfully with patients, family members, visitors and staff; and to adapt to fluctuating situations in a professional manner
- Demonstrates the ability to calmly and courteously interact with individuals who are stressed, anxious or upset and exercises maturity and sound judgment in accommodating the needs of patients, families, visitors within reason and within hospital policies;
- Displays an appropriate sense of urgency in response to visitor requests and/or complaints and provides service recovery.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills so as to be able to communicate comfortably and effectively with the diverse population groups served by Magee.
- Demonstrates a high degree of respect and caring, commitment to diversity, integrity, responsibility, teamwork and a commitment to excellence as outlined in behavior expectations incorporating Magee’s REACH values (respect, excellence, positive attitude, collaboration and hospitality).
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
- Possesses the ability to deal tactfully with staff, patients, family members, visitors, etc.
- Possesses the ability to adapt to fluctuating situations in a professional manner.
- Possesses the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Possesses strong customer service skills/interpersonal interactions.
- Projects a positive, friendly demeanor over the telephone, as well as in person.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize customer needs and respond in a manner that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to provide adequate coverage
- Possesses the ability to work without close supervision.
- Must have a solid knowledge of the building, including location of events, conference rooms, room numbers, department locations, etc.
- Proficiency in using all Microsoft Office application and be able to switch efficiently between organization systems (Outlook, Internet, Microsoft Explorer and Office applications).
Primary Customers or Key Working Relationships:
Patients, their families, visitors and any other affiliates.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Bilingual preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that has no infractions is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a hospitality-focused setting. A healthcare background is preferred and knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
- Moves about intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to frequently walk, stand, sit, crouch, bend, squat and kneel.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Assists patients in wheelchairs and with walkers.
- May be exposed to extreme heat or cold temperatures in varying weather conditions, such as rain or snow.
Equipment Used: Telephone switchboard, computer, printer, calculator, copier, scanner, label maker, fax machine and other office equipment.
Exposures: Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles is possible.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471