Food Service Worker Full Time and Per Diem
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is searching for a Per Diem Food Service Worker to provide a variety of food ( hot and cold ) preparation and serving duties for the cafeteria, patient tray service and maintain sanitation standards throughout the department.
- Delivers patient/customer service seamlessly within scope of job duties by taking ownership of customer needs and following through to make sure needs are addressed properly.
- Ensures patient/family/customer confidentiality and respect by adhering to all confidentiality standards.
- Ensures Food Safety by monitoring product quality and identifying and proactively addressing substandard temperatures, appearance, odor, etc.
- Dates and labels all products moving through their work area.
- Properly prepares/handles/serves foods according to established standards.
- Practices personal hygiene, adheres to department dress code, and reports potential infection to Supervisor.
- Practices Standard Precautions in part by utilizing proper hand washing or glove technique at all times and reporting lesion/cuts on and to Supervisor.
- Creates a safe, accident – free environment by consistently using safety procedures.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Hospital and Department’s mission.
- Satisfies patient/customer needs in a friendly and competent manner. Maintains a pleasant disposition at all times even in the most adverse circumstances.
- Complies with all service standards.
- Provides correct product in appropriate portion size within established standards.
- Appropriately uses the correct product for the job with cost in mind.
- Accountable for equipment used on the job.
- Cleans and sanitizes using appropriate cleaning/sanitizing procedures and chemicals.
- Completion of High School or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, and perform the mathematical functions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and ratios.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate kitchen safety and food safety skills.
- City of Philadelphia Food Handler or Serv Safe Certificate preferred.
- One year Health care food service experience preferred.
- Three years cooking experience in institutions, catering business and/or restaurant preferred.
- Customer Service orientation including the ability to problem solve.
- Ability to stand, stoop, walk, and lift. Physical demands of frequent lifting 10-20 pounds, carrying, pushing, pulling, and bending.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471