Environmental Services Aide, Per Diem, Weekends
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee is seeking an EVS Aide to clean and maintain assigned areas of the Hospital in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Supports the mission of both the Hospital and the EVS Department.
- Demonstrates compassion and sensitivity in the treatment of patients, staff and visitors.
- Maintains confidentiality as an expression of respect for the privacy and dignity of each person.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with the Hospital Safety and Infection Control Policies and the Patient Safety Program.
- Helps to provide a safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors
- Completes mandatory in-service education programs as required
- Adheres to the hospital PPD and flu shot policy
- Promotes good working relationships among staff and between departments and disciplines
- Demonstrates extraordinary customer service skills by welcoming patients, visitors, staff and other guests.
- Assists visitors with directions whenever requested
- Escorts patients if needed
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, dining room, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, closets, elevators, stairwells and outside areas (sidewalk, parking lot, flower beds) in a clean, neat and sanitary manner. Focuses on cleaning high-touch areas.
- Mops floors and vacuums carpets Burnishes floors when scheduled by the EVS Manager/Supervisor.
- Cleans and prepares patient discharge rooms in accordance with departmental standards
- Cleans outpatient refrigerators and discards unlabeled and undated items. Logs temperature and reports any out-of-range temperatures to Maintenance for repair.
- Moves furniture and equipment when needed.
- Replaces needle boxes at least once-per-week or when full.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure
- Uses and maintains equipment properly. Reports and malfunctioning equipment to Maintenance.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal areas
- Replenishes supplies
- Maintains Janitor's closets by keeping them clean and in good order
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner
- Follows all infection control practices including hand hygiene techniques and standard precautions
- Reports safety hazards or maintenance concerns as appropriate.
- Assists with the set-up and break-down of conference rooms for meetings and/or special events.
- Opens doors for Magee staff when needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understanding manner.
- Possesses customer service and service recovery skills
- Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions
- Possesses the ability to deal tactfully with staff, patients, guests, vendors, etc.
- Possesses the ability to adapt to fluctuating situations in a professional manner.
- Be flexible, reliable and self-motivated.
- Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the Hospital dress code.
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred. Three years in the Housekeeping field is preferred.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471