Environment of Care Officer
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee is seeking a per diem Environment of Care Officer to protect the safety of patients, visitors and staff members as well as to secure Magee assets and property. The Environment of Care Officer will uphold the mission, vision, and values of Magee Rehabilitation.
- Ensures physical security of Magee premises
- Ensures the physical safety of patients, staff & visitors by performing Environment of Care rounds such as, fire extinguisher, exit sign inspections and daily Safety/Hazard rounds, etc., and documents findings
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and persons to guard against theft and maintain security of the premises
- Assists front desk staff with recording of all visitors, salespersons, and contractors entering and leaving premises
- Conducts required rounds throughout facility among patients, visitors and staff to preserve order and ensures the facility’s occupants and assets are safe and secure
- Monitor and adjust security camera and door alarm systems to ensure proper operation
- Writes daily reports of activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft or presence of unauthorized person
- Enforces and warns persons of rule infractions or violations and evict/escort violators from premises when necessary (Call 911 when warranted.)
- Ensures authorized entrance and departure of employees and contractors; assists with deliveries in the receiving area
- Answers phone, takes messages, documents maintenance issues, answers questions and provides information
- Initiates and observes fire drills and documents results
- Actively participates in all hospital required Emergency Management and other drills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and understand the English language
- Customer service experience
- High level of professionalism to ensure a safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous employment in a healthcare environment preferred
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471