Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Clinical Liaison to provide clinical assessments of patients to determine their candidacy for acute rehabilitation services and their appropriateness for admission.
- Facilitates the admissions process through the screening of patients for medical necessity and appropriate level of care
- Interfaces with insurance carrier to clear coverage details prior to patient admission
- Educates family preadmission while evaluating disposition plan for adequacy
- Initiates and builds relationships with referring physicians, hospital discharge planners and nurse clinicians to build referral base as well as create seamless communication system to better serve patients referred
- Develops and implements with Director, Physician Relations/ Clinical Liaisons, Strategic Program Directors and Administration, goals and objectives for continued growth and success of admissions services via implementation of a comprehensive approach to the admissions process
- Identifies and evaluates candidates who meet program criteria and who will benefit from program services. Identifies age-related factors that may impact on patient tolerance of acute rehabilitation setting and appropriate resource allocation
- Educates patient, family members, referral sources and external payers regarding the effective and efficient utilization of program services and available resources
- Interviews family members/ significant others to obtain accurate information regarding premorbid functional status, person interests cultural considerations and discharge plans affecting the rehabilitation admission
- Performs thorough on-site or telephonic assessment of candidates, including chmi review and interaction with the physician's, nurses and therapists directly involved in the patient's care. Through this process, a determination of medical stability and readiness for program participation is made.
- Coordinates smooth transition from the referring facility to the rehabilitation setting
- Makes recommendations as to appropriate care for candidates who are denied admissions
- Provides ongoing education and support to family members during the preadmission phase of rehabilitation
- Interfaces with Nursing department staff, Medical Staff and other Magee personnel, patients, families and outside contacts to facilitate appropriate and timely admissions.
- Develops and maintains physician relations with referring physicians with the goal of maintaining clinical dialogue about their patients referred to Magee, as well as increasing referral numbers across physician referral base while working to expand that market share
- Serves as rehabilitation consultant to referring hospitals with attention to rehabilitation potential therapy progress, discharge plan and feasibility, and special equipment needs
- Performs precertification with insurance companies by providing proposed plan of care and facilitating external payer negotiations with Magee finance department
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of referring institutions, products, services and acuity trends. Develops relationship with referral sources
- Prepares and submits trends reports every other month
- Performs other duties under the direction of the Director, Physician Relations/ Clinical Liaisons such as exhibiting and providing tours of Magee
- Promotes good public relations with patients, healthcare providers and other interested community members. Exhibits professional behavior as a facility representative.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Magee Admissions Coordinator with regard to pending admissions, insurance issues, and family preferences
- Collaborates with physicians, case managers, nurse managers, rehabilitation managers and Administration as needed, regarding admissions or pending admissions.
- BS in Nursing and RN License
- A certification in rehabilitation nursing preferred
- Compliance with ANA code of professional nurses
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience. Preferred experience in rehabilitation of chronically ill or catastrophically injured individuals
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471