Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a Clinical Dietitian for all aspects of nutritional care and related documentation for assigned inpatients and Magee's Riverfront (RF) outpatients ensuring adherence to department and hospital goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and standards of practice. The Clinical Dietitian will act as a resource and educator for hospital staff, the hospital community in the area of clinical nutrition, the Diet Clerks and the Clinical Preceptor for dietetic students.
- Responsible for direct nutritional care for approximately 60 to 70 inpatients on assigned nursing units, onsite outpatients as assigned and Magee's offsite River Front outpatients. The nutritional care will include screenings and assessments, diet education, group classes, and related documentation in accordance with the Clinical Nutrition procedures under the direction of the manager.
- Ensures that nutritional care concerns are clearly and effectively communicated to all pertinent staff including: direct communication with physicians, nurses, and therapists, attending patient care rounds as needed, and written & computerized documentation in the patients' medical record.
- Responsible for assigning appropriate nutrition screenings to be conducted by the Diet Clerk, reviewing the information with the Diet Clerk before entering the information into the patient's computerized medical record, and completing follow up care, revises and monitors Magee's Riverfront- Offsite Outpatient Nutrition Services (Transportation provided via the Hospital's van).
- Covers the duties of the Diet Clerk and the CNM in his/her absence.
- Responsible for hospital and department staff/student inservicing/orientation, computer and diet training, nursing nutrition inservices, department diet inservice and computer training.
- Retrieves patient related information from computer and processes information and acts as a resource regarding computer procedures for department and hospital staff and schedules staff computer training as indicated.
- Assists CNM in ensuring that prepared foods meet patients' nutritional needs & comply with the various dietary plans. Communicates with nursing and therapy concerns related to meal service and participates in corrective action/problem solving with the CNM and the Food Service Manager.
- Responsible for the review and revision of patient menus, ensuring that foods offered meet standards for nutritional intake as well as dietary restrictions & adequate selection to meet patients' usual/cultural/religious food preferences. Reviews suggested menu changes with CNM for approval.
- Responsible for monitoring dining room(s) service including supervision during assigned meal times.
- Supervises the clinical experience of dietetic students sponsored by the department, including completion of student evaluations.
- Assists the CNM with the ongoing development and monitoring of the nutritional aspects of Magee's Dysphagia Program, and attend program meetings.
- Practices and enforces Standard Collects and tabulates data for continuous quality improvement monitors as requested
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Hospital and Department's
Education & Experience:
B.S. degree in Dietetics or Nutrition Science
Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by CDR and Licensed by the state of PA
Preferred: Experience in an acute care setting
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471