Annual Giving and Event Manager
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
Magee is seeking an Annual Giving and Event Manger to lead our annual giving and event coordination initiatives. Annual giving efforts include annual appeal generation, United Way, staff appeals, grateful patient/peer to peer, online and other annual campaign efforts. The manager will work directly with and assist the Vice President of Development as well as the Foundation Board, numerous special event committee members, and volunteers.
- Generate charitable gifts through annual giving and special events.
- Meet appropriate revenue targets as established annually.
- Direct the Annual Giving Campaign, including writing copy and preparing mailing lists for the spring and fall appeals, staff appeals, United Way campaign material and other campaign initiatives.
- Maintain records of annual giving appeals.
- Oversee the gift acknowledgement process.
- Implement on-line giving ideas and vehicles.
- Regularly update the Magee development section of MageeRehab.org.
- Be a key Magee staff member in the planning and coordination of development special events, including the Jerry Segal Classic, Taliaferro Foundation/Magee Golf Outing, Humanitarian Award Dinner, and Night of Champions.
- Serve as the liaison for other fund raising initiatives, activities and events (Examples: Raise a Glass & Just Dance Event.)
- Plan, prepare and manage special events and activities including sponsor solicitation; invitation and save the date printing and production; programs; auction preparation and organization; and on site management.
- Perform and coordinate mail merge solicitations to donors and prospects.
- Organize planning meetings for event committees, which includes meeting notices, agenda drafting, minutes, menus, etc.
- Identify and mobilize volunteers to assist raising money and supporting activities as appropriate.
- Update the Magee website for Magee special events and create and send email messages to appropriate constituencies for events.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Work independently, make appropriate decisions and problem solve.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Work with the Magee Community Programs Coordinator to support fund raising for wheelchair sports, including the Magee Night of Champions.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Must be a very good self-starter.
- Hold regular meetings with clinical staff to obtain and share information that can used to seek funding.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reports to administrative staff, board, donors and appropriate agencies and committees as needed.
- Responsible for contributing to the Hospital's employee newsletter and Can Do magazine.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines for newsletters, annual appeal mailings, and other communications as directed.
- Write letters of appreciation for CEO/President, Chief Medical Officer, and others, if and when necessary.
- Process hospital forms when necessary such as check requests, expense forms, etc.
- Attend external and internal meetings and events, often outside of a regular work day, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: B.A./B.S. Degree
- Licensures & Certifications: Not Applicable
- Experience: Minimum of two years experience in development or outreach position(s)
- Knowledge of key software including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience with fund raising software a plus
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471