Our Focus on Research
Magee’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) is fully involved in reviewing and processing proposals and monitoring the research activity on an ongoing basis.
Magee has been involved in clinical trials for:
- Management of a disease
- Clinical interventions (such as Locomotor Training)
- Development of outcome measures used for rehabilitation care and treatment
Grants have been received from:
- The National Institutes of Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- National Institute on Disability Rehabilitation and Research
- Various international pharmaceutical firms
Key Magee staff also play an important ongoing role in international clinical trials as lead trainers for neurologic outcome measurements. Training workshops are held at Magee or at institutional based sites, nationally and internationally.