With a passion for food and nutrition, the month of March happens to be one of my favorite times of the year. This just so happens to be the perfect time to share with all of you a little bit of what I enjoy so much. Why is March special? To meand other nutrition professionals, it’s National Nutrition Month!
This year, with the theme of “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right,” the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has aimed for all us to eat more healthful (and tasty) foods. Healthy and nutritious food doesn’t have to be boring so please take time this month to learn more how you can enjoy the taste of eating right.
The links below can provide you and your family a kick start on changing your dietary habits. I have noted some (not all) specifics that each of these sites has to offer.
- Healthful recipes
- Evidenced based diet information on a variety of disease states
- Find a Registered Dietitian near you
- Links to health and nutrition blogs
- Printable nutrition handouts
- SuperTracker: a nifty way to track the foods you eat and exercise you complete
- Portion distortion and portion control
- Meal planning tips and recipes
- Fruit and vegetable seasonal guides
- Children’s section with ways to get kids involved and excited about fruits and vegetables
- All you need to know about farmers markets around you
This March, I challenge you to get out there and make a change, or two, in your eating and exercising habits to lead a more healthful lifestyle. Find a friend or family member to join you and look to meet with a Registered Dietitian in your area to help you strive to reach your goals.
Happy National Nutrition Month!