What To Bring
Upon arrival, all patients will receive a copy of the Magee Guest Book in their welcome packet. Concierge Services are also available for patients by calling 215-587-3180 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clothing & Laundry
Please have family and friends bring you comfortable clothes and shoes from home. We ask that your family do all of your personal laundry and provide you with a clean supply of clothes. Keep your clothing in the closet, in the drawers of your bedside table or in your suitcase.
- Loose-fitting clothing that is easy to put on and take off, such as sweat pants
- Shirts or blouses, and a sweater
- Socks and rubber-soled shoes or sneakers
- Seasonal outer wear for therapy outside of the building
If you are not able to get your clothes washed at home, Magee will allow you and your family to use a washer and dryer located in the rehabilitation gym.
- First, contact the occupational therapist so they can reserve a specific date and time on the laundry sign-up sheet.
- Washers/dryers are not to be used when the gym is closed.
- Washers and dryers are available daily between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., but must be signed-up for in advance.
- In order to meet everyone’s needs, each person is limited to one load of wash per week.
- If you are doing laundry outside of therapies, you must provide your own high-efficiency detergent.
We recommend that you leave valuables such as jewelry, watches, large amounts of money and credit cards at home. You may need a small amount of cash for incidentals. Never leave any valuables, including cell phones and other electronic devices, in plain sight while you are away from your room. Magee Rehabilitation Hospital cannot assume responsibility for the loss of any valuables or for loss of other personal property brought into the hospital.
Cell Phones and Electronic Devices
Cell phones are allowed, but we ask that you please not use them in the gym so your full attention is on your rehabilitation. We recommend that you do not leave cell phones or other electronic devices (including games, laptops and tablets) in plain sight when you are not in your room. If you do bring electronics into the hospital with you, be sure to bring a laptop lock or other security devices for added security.
You will need to bring a supply of personal items such as shampoo, deodorant, tooth paste and dental care products, cosmetics, comb, brush and shaving supplies.
Please bring a list of all of your current medications, including how much you take and how often you take each. You will also to be asked to bring in your home medications for review by our pharmacists, please give them to the nursing staff to secure for you.
Glasses and Hearing Aids
When not in use, keep these items in a case or container placed in the drawer of your bedside table. In order to avoid loss or damage, please DO NOT leave them on top of your bedside table, food tray, or under your pillow.
When not in use, keep these items in a denture cup placed inside the drawer of your bedside table. Please DO NOT leave them on food trays, in paper cups, or on top of your bedside table, or under your pillow.